Thursday, November 1, 2018

Post-birth thoughts about weight gain.

Before I got pregnant I lost 100lbs and went from obese to normal weight. It definitely left me with some loose skin and some areas (looking at you thighs) that I was less than happy with.. When I became pregnant I was so happy that I was going to enter that journey with not only a healthier body but also a healthier mindset. Of course I endulged some in those 9 months cause, who are we kidding, cravings are intense! And while I think it's definitely important to eat healthily while pregnant, I didn't want my diet to dictate my happiness at that point so I avoided the scale.

I gained approx. 40lbs.

My son is 6 weeks tomorrow and I know that 6 weeks isn't all that much in that grand scale of things but I am truly struggling mentally with those extra pounds, much more than I did while still pregnant. I miss my clothes that I worked so hard to fit into. I miss the compliments that my weight loss brought on (my husband still compliments me every day about other things so I know how selfish that sounds). I used to savor those rare treats but now I feel guilty every time.

I want to get back to where I was, and I slowly am (lost around 15 pounds), and yet I feel totally lost this time around. Most days I am too worn out to even think about counting calories. I don't really snack during the day, thankfully, but I know my portions are bigger than they need be and not always very healthy. Walks with the stroller is my only work out. I know what I need to do. I've done it before. Why does it seem impossible?

submitted by /u/7UnicornsUnited
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P5jTYK

No comments:

Post a Comment