Friday, November 2, 2018

Realized I am burning way more calories than I thought after calculating BMR and how many calories I burn walking myself.

So I’ve been using MFP to track what I eat and it uses my iPhone to track my steps and figure that into extra burned calories. Now I never ate the extra “earned” calories.

But I figured out that what it tells you your earned calories are based on steps is not accurate when I hiked over 12 miles on the weekend and it said I only burned like 300 extra calories.

I’m sure this is to promote more weight loss for the user but as someone who wants to know exactly what my caloric deficit is for the day, this doesn’t work and is actually discouraging. I’m not looking for an excuse to eat more because I’m quite satisfied at 1,200cal diet.

So now I only use MFP for tracking what I eat and calculated my BMR and daily calorie expenditure online and found out exactly how many calories I am REALLY burning when I walk.

I walk between 3-4 miles every single week day for school and work, which for my height/weight/walking speed is actually burning like 300-400 extra calories a day during my commute instead of the 60-90 MFP was giving me. Knowing this encouraged me WAY more to meet and exceed my daily step goals, instead of feeling like it made no meaningful difference.

submitted by /u/fridline
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qr2jzY

No comments:

Post a Comment