Friday, November 23, 2018

Second time around after gaining weight back?

Well last year I was on here and had lost 35 lbs. 167 to 132/133 (from like Jan-Aug 2017)...was feeling great! Was keeping active, eating well, and on the way to reaching my goal weight (120-125). But then life got in the way--new relationship (now over), super busy with school part time and work full time, priorities shifted, etc so I decided to focus on just maintaining. The first half of 2018 I still kept counting calories (1400) consistently and relatively accurately and maintained my weight fluctuating around 133-135 (Aug-March 2018).

Then an injury and a breakup got my workout schedule and goals all out of wack and in the past few months I've put back on some weight and am hovering back around 140lbs. I know I know it's not a huge difference but I feel much less healthy than I did this time last year. Enough about the past though...I'm done making excuses and I'm ready to start what I'm calling phase TWO of my weight loss journey. I know I can do this because I've done it before but since I weigh less now I'm not sure how much to eat.

Before I had cut my calories from 1200-1400 depending on if I was working out but I'm already at a point where I think dieting has slowed my metabolism and 1400 seems like maintenance now for me (based on the time when I was tracking and maintaining). I'm going to really commit to waking up early to get a workout in so I can get back on my workout schedule and be strict about keeping to my 1300 calorie goal, but I'm worried that this will continue to just keep me in maintenance, and I don't know how much more I can really healthily cut.

Anyways I guess just asking for any tips or tricks for second time around? Ways to speed up my metabolism (I've read a lot that weight lifting can help) or how to not gain back the weight?

TLDR: gained some weight back after maintaining, want to get back to continuing towards my GW but not sure about calorie goals this time around

submitted by /u/resa41
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PNTcIs

No comments:

Post a Comment