Monday, November 5, 2018

SV: Down 25 pounds, you can do it too! Find the weight loss style that works for you.

I love this community, and I wanted to add my voice and maybe help people starting out on their journeys!

At the end of March I went to the doctor and realized that not only had a gained a bit of weight, but I gained 50 POUNDS over the past 8 or so years. It crept up on me slowly and I decided to do something about it, and fix it for good.

I have always been a a bit bigger, I carry a lot of muscle have always been really strong, but I was getting too big and uncomfortable in every way, I was daunted and scared and turned to this sub for inspiration.

A lot of the information here and online in general is aggressive, "lose 15 pounds in a month", "1200 cal only", "KETO OR DEATH!" and I just wanted to say that you *can* go slow and at your own pace and still have success!

I set a modest calorie deficit (0.5 pounds a week), I realized that it would take some more time to reach my goal, but it made my transition into a healthy lifestyle easier and I believe I've been more successful for it. I've lost 25 pounds, I haven't had to sacrifice my social life and I'm half way to my goal. I took the summer off, and learned how to eat at maintenance, and held steady at my 15 pound loss. It really helped me to realize that this was sustainable and I would be able to keep the weight off for good.

All this to say, TAKE YOUR TIME! You don't have to loose 100 pounds in a year (and if you do, AMAZING GOOD FOR YOU YOU WORKED SO HARD!) but everyone is different, and don't be disheartened if you're losing slowly, or just starting to make better choices.

Small changes and goals add up, and even if your success is slow, it's still a success.

Keep on losing however is best for you. You're amazing!

submitted by /u/shanialabeouf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F0qS0y

No comments:

Post a Comment