Saturday, December 8, 2018

Figuring out my downfalls!

I've been counting calories off and on for a long time. Probably since I was 16. I've had stretches where I don't, but it's always been a thing for me. So I generally have an idea of what food "costs" calorie wise. So I was naturally pretty confused as to why I was gaining or not losing this year despite eating fairly healthy.

Tracking my food again forced me to come to terms with the fact that yes, for most of the day, I do amazingly. But then 3 or 4 pm hits, and I find myself snacking, snacking, snacking. Snacking while waiting to pick up my husband, snacking while making dinner, snacking before bedtime. I'm bored, so I snack. I'm cleaning up the kitchen, so I nibble on things as I go. And maybe one or two small snacks aren't bad, but after polishing off a rather high calorie bag of nuts, I realized that I was making even good things bad for me by ignoring how much of the things I was really eating.

It's good to finally admit this about myself, but also frustrating. Most of my meals are solid. But then one of us pulls the chips and salsa out and before we know it, we've downed half the bag together.

I've started taking water with me everywhere I go and forcing myself to portion out any food I plan to eat so I can log it accurately. But I didn't realize the habit I had created until I started logging again. Pride goes before a fall.

So to my fellow long time calorie loggers, don't be me. Don't assume you know just how much you're eating if you haven't measured and logged. Mental notes will never, ever beat actually writing it down.

What is something you've learned about yourself this week when it comes to your weight loss? I can't be the only one haha.

submitted by /u/littleroseygirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rqqHlJ

No comments:

Post a Comment