Saturday, December 8, 2018

Motivating myself to get to the gym

First time poster here but have been lurking on the sub for some time; sorry for formatting and lack of flair, I’m on mobile.

I’ve been heavy since puberty, (f) 19 years old at 115 kg, 5’5. After a long struggle with multiple diets and attempts at weight loss, I’ve finally started to get it together and am working on trying to feel and look better. I’m struggling with getting myself into the gym. I’m working with a personal trainer, twice a week, and am trying to make small changes to my diet. I stopped drinking chocolate milk (guilty pleasure), am minimizing the amount of soda I drink, cutting out cakes and doughnuts, etc. I wake up everyday telling myself I’m going to go to the gym and as a couple hours go by I get tired, demotivate myself, waste time, or the worst of all, get in the car and drive towards the gym but don’t go in. I left the house at 2:00 pm for the gym. It’s 2:41 and I’m sitting in the parking lot of a nearby Wendy’s sipping a root beer and just had a burger meal even though I ate chicken breast and salad at home a bit over an hour ago. I don’t know if anyone else goes through this but I can’t get myself to stay to my word. I want to lose weight, I want to get toned, I want to have more energy but I’m my own worst enemy. I can’t motivate myself and I can’t ask my friends for support right now because we have uni exams and everyone is too stressed and busy. I can’t even go to the gym with my friend and be accountable to her because of this. It’s so hard to get myself inside the gym. If anyone goes through these struggles of self motivation and has any tips on how to force myself into the gym, I’m all ears.

submitted by /u/yiddishmanzales
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E8iRVf

No comments:

Post a Comment