Sunday, December 2, 2018

Friends trying to tell you how to lose weight when you've already done it

TLDR: new friends that have never lost weight tell me that my weight loss methods don't work despite me previously losing 70lbs.

I used to be 180lbs and I made a decision to lose weight, I didn't start off healthy and took inspiration from anorexic's which I know is bad but I figured I have a load of fat my body can love off of. So I restricted to 400 cal and later to 500 and it worked. I did not eat healthy and I did not exercise at all. I would eat like 6 chicken nuggets as a meal and later have a packet of crisps and that was it for the day.

When I got to a healthier weight I upped my calories to 1200 until I was happy with my weight (around 106lbs at 5'1). Stress, college and a boyfriend eventually ended up in me gaining weight again up to 140lbs and now I'm down to 130lbs. Fyi I do feel addicted to food and lack self control and being autistic and having sensory issues also limits foods I can tolerate eating.

So I'm at uni now and as an insecure woman I complain about my weight. I tell my new friends that I'm gonna diet again by counting calories at 1200 and instantly everyone jumps in with oh no that WONT work, just exercise or eat more salad...

They are 100% convinced that calorie counting doesn't work and I have no clue what I'm talking about.. like I haven't lost 70lbs before... I show them the before pictures and they are shocked but are still in denial about how I did it.

These people have NEVER lost weight. They are either naturally skinny or a bit chubby. I get that I'm not a healthy person and it is something I'm working on but Why are people in denial about the science of weight loss? Especially when they haven't experienced it?

Do you guys get this from anyone?

(I'm not saying eating healthy food and exercise don't work but it always comes down to calories in calories out.)

submitted by /u/VitalityVixen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RBABMw

No comments:

Post a Comment