Tuesday, December 4, 2018

How do I manage my calories alongside exercise?

I asked a similar question when I started in the Daily Q&A but didn't get much of a response. Need help.

Started a couple weeks ago - found it pretty easy to stay below my deficit - eating on average 5,300kj (1260cal) a day (some days closer to 1100cal others closer to 1400cal).

But I recently started exercising and now I'm starving. I went from usually having a tea in the morning (200kj) to a soylent type shake (800kj) and I am hungry. I'm not doing intense exercise really, just trying to go walking a lot. Like yesterday I went for a 4km (2.5 miles) walk in a very hilly area; it was tiring because I'm unfit, but it was slow, took about an hour (14:14 per km).

Generally, I'm very sedentary, office desk job. I like walking and was only going about once a week for a couple kms. But I got a fitness watch and have been challenging myself to walk every day. I'd like to do a C25K again (it's been a long time since I last tried/failed it).

I don't want to overcompensate and stop making any weightloss progress. The weightloss is the important part of this (my BMI is just over the line into obese). I don't trust the "cals burned" they seem high. But I just don't know what's reasonable.

TLDR Went from sedentary to doing regular low-medium exercise. Don't trust the "calories burned" stats. Main focus is weight loss, but also want to be at least kinda fit. Starving to death. /s

submitted by /u/Rae_Starr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KWltqK

No comments:

Post a Comment