Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Key tips I've learned in the past few weeks (for anyone just starting off)

So I've been very good for the last few weeks and it feels great! I'm so excited to continue on the journey of weight loss.

My weight has been extremely up and down the past few years. I'm at my heaviest right now and a few weeks ago I was feeling so dreadfully down about my weight. I can't bring myself to weigh myself yet but I know I'm still far more over weight than I should be.

Takeaways and sweets became a sacred thing that allowed me to wallow in my own self pity and gave me that dopamine hit I was after. Seconds after finishing my food I would feel so dreadful.

I had been attempting (at least in my mind) to lose weight. But this was essentially me eating very little during the day and then coming home and allowing myself a treat of a takeaway of sweets for being good. 🤦‍♀️ I was really fooling myself and I have come to the point where I was sick of not being able to go clothes shopping without feeling absolutely vile. (I still do, but I will get there!)

I didn't know how or where to start. I really thought I couldn't control my eating. I didn't think I could continue for any length of time really and Im hardly a bastion weight loss knowledge, but anyway, the things that have kept me on track are:

1) Doing a weekly shop. If you don't buy the junk in, you won't eat it! Buy fruit and vegetables. If they're there and the junk is not, you will reach for them!

2) Buy a pressure cooker - cooking has become the easiest thing on the planet!

3) Buy meal prepping containers (I got mine on Amazon) and make extra of whatever you're making to put in the fridge when you're feeling hungry! Also controls portion sizes!

I know it may seem basic but these things really do help as a starting point!

Oh, and: Being a salt lover, egg noodles with soy sauce and steak pieces has become my go to 'takeaway' (made by me obviously!) Delicious and salty and really not too bad on the calories! Being a sugar lover, I've swapped chocolate for flavoured rice cakes.

Good luck everyone. I hope these help someone else get started.

submitted by /u/wolfbing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PjQFAX

No comments:

Post a Comment