Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Who will be most proud of your weight loss success, and why?

I've been a part of this forum for about four months, and I've noticed a number of questions about how to bring unsupportive significant others on board. Questions about how to best deal with, or ignore, catty neighbors and co-workers who don't feel joy at our success. I even asked you those questions myself, and your responses have been really helpful.

But a recent post got me to thinking about the people I know who WILL be proud of my weight loss success: People from the past who haven't seen me for a while, who might do a double take, then give me a huge hug, or even smile as they realize I'm the same person, then congratulate me. And they'll do this without any jealousy or other negative feelings; they'll just express genuine happiness at my accomplishment.

The first two people who came to mind are a younger couple who helped nurse me through my darkest hours in life ten years ago. I haven't seen them for at least five years, and we don't text often. But today I realized that they'll be really proud of me when they see the healthier, happier, and more comfortable person I've become, because they knew and loved me even when I was at my lowest / drunkest / least healthy / saddest self.

Who will that person (or those people) be for you? And why will they be proud of you?

submitted by /u/179in2019
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rtdDw1

No comments:

Post a Comment