Saturday, December 1, 2018

How I Kept Track of Calories in November

Check out my weight loss spreadsheet here. Borrowed from Joe Holman of OMAD Revolution.

I've been counting calories on and off for about three years now, so I don't need to use a calorie tracking app anymore because I've become quite apt at figuring out counts on my own food.

My Dieting Style: In October of this year, I started following the One Meal A Day (OMAD) eating approach. Not gonna try to sell you on it; I love it, and it gives me results I want while still being able to eat all the yummy foods. Don't do it if it doesn't sound appealing to you :P Even though most people say that OMAD helps you to no longer count calories b/c you most likely won't go over your calorie allotment, I find that it is still really easy for me to overeat, so I still track calories. I allow all foods in my diet. Days highlighted in orange are non-OMAD days (5 total for the month).

Reflections on November: November started off with lots of weight training and exercise, on these days I try to eat about 1600-1900 calories; non-exercise days I shoot for 1300-1400. Once midterms rolled around, regular exercise definitely tapered off but I still ate rather high calorie; this is mostly because I had my birthday this month and we also had family stay with us around the holiday and they loved to eat out. Not that I'm using this as an excuse, I'm definitely happy I allowed myself to indulge guilt-free during this time, and am still very pleased with my results. I also spent quite a bit more than I wanted to on food; this was mostly on days where I had to do meal prep for larger-than-usual groups (Thanksgiving events).

What I've Gained By Tracking Using a Spreadsheet Instead of MFP or Other:

- Found a method of calorie tracking that also allows me to journal life events; for example, my bday trip along the CA Northern coast, one of my dear friends baking me an amazing bday cake, my SO cooking for me, my parents throwing a fun Diwali celebration. I don't use social media other than Reddit, so being able to look back on this was a huge plus for me.

- Having a view of the entire month allows me to stay focused and remember that I'm not doing as badly as I think I am.

- Documenting the life events also helps to put things into perspective: it's ok that I didn't lose x amount of pounds this month because at least I enjoyed the time with family and friends to the fullest; and hey, at least I lost some weight!

I really love tracking this way and wanted to share. Hope to post another one on December 31st! :D

submitted by /u/indefensible_ape
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FRD4RD

No comments:

Post a Comment