Saturday, December 1, 2018

How much water do people actually need to drink per day?

This isn't strictly a weight loss question but this is a big health sub and I am pretty overweight so I figured you guys might be better than AskDocs or a similar sub.

I'm an IT guy and in typical IT guy fashion I work absurdly long hours and use (zero calorie, zero sugar) energy drinks to keep myself awake because my job prevents me from getting the full eight hours of sleep, but I do usually manage to get around six. I've always heard somewhere around 8 glasses of water as being ideal for people, but there's no real consensus on what a glass is. Realistically I drink about 8-16oz of water in a day, on the days when I actually drink water.

Recently I plugged my stats into several online calculators to figure out exactly how much water I should be drinking every day, and while all the results were different, they were all somewhere between 1.25 and 1.45 gallons. I'm willing to give this a shot, but this seems like an absurd amount of water to be drinking on a daily basis.

Would you say this is an accurate number? I always thought drinking this much water could hurt your kidneys.

submitted by /u/WITCH_KING_XXYBORG
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zAl3C1

No comments:

Post a Comment