Thursday, December 6, 2018

I'm anxious because I told someone I used to be overweight...

Hey guys!!

Constant lurker on here, I haven't really posted, but with your help I've lost 75 lbs in the last year. Also, in the last year, I started a new job. I'm 5' 9" and I went from 245 lb to my current 168 lbs, I don't know what I weighed at my heaviest in life but it may be been around 300 to 350.

We talk about food and health constantly at work as casual conversation but I've never mentioned that a short time ago I was much larger, I started this position after I had lost the bulk of my weight so they would have no idea. Most people in my life saw the transition or met me before I lost the weight so I didn't realize that I hadn't actually told anyone about my weight loss in person.

Well now that I have it's causing some anxiety, has anyone experienced this? I sort of just casually mentioned it not really thinking about the implications, I immediately regretted it even though their response was totally fine and normal. I just feel like I revealed something really personal, you know? I don't know, maybe I don't like the idea of my past weight effecting how they think of me?

I don't have any friends who have lost weight or experienced this so you guys were the first ones I thought to bring this up with, I thought someone might have a similar feeling or some insight...

submitted by /u/randomredd
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QGrsVQ

No comments:

Post a Comment