Sunday, December 2, 2018

I'm changing my life

Sorry for the wall of text! I have tried and failed to lose weight many times. I've done CICO every time, and every time I've lost weight while counting calories.

I started the most recent attempt in February of this year. I was down to 207, and then for some reason I stopped. I struggled until June and then got back on the weight loss track. By then I was right back up to 220lbs. I started losing weight again, and by August I was down to 206. And then I stopped again. I struggled with some depression starting in September, and I overate like crazy. By October I was back at 217, and by November I was 225, the highest I've ever been. November 19th I started counting calories again.

I don't know what's different this time. Maybe it's that I'm fed up with losing weight and then gaining it all back, or maybe it's that I'm just finally ready to live a healthier life, but this time I'm really into it. I've only been counting calories for 2 weeks this time, but I've gone from 225lbs to 222.4lbs. Not a large difference, but I'm super proud of it.

Things that are different this time:

- I've measured myself and will be comparing measurements all through the process. I also took pictures, and will be taking more and comparing them throughout the process as well.

- I've accepted that I need to just lose 1lbs a week, currently eating 1730 calories a day, instead of trying to keep myself between 1100 and 1200, which is what I've tried in the past. Losing more than 1lbs a week is possible for me, and I've done it, but I've always failed because I find it too restrictive, so I'm not quite sure why I kept trying to do things so fast, though it was probably because I didn't want the process to take so long.

- Which brings me to another point, that I've finally accepted that this weight loss journey will take around 2 years for me, I have an ultimate goal weight of around 135lbs, smack in the middle of my normal BMI range. That's 90lbs I have to lose.

- I've accepted that this will be a lifetime of work. The work will not stop when I lose that 90lbs. I will need to be vigilant for the rest of my life so that I don't gain back the weight.

- I've started doing 30 minutes of exercise a day

- I've started C25K, and am running 3 times a week, on top of the 30 minutes of exercise a day, so 3 times a week, I'm doing 60 minutes of exercise a day.

- I've started yoga, also on top of the 30 minutes of exercise a day.

- I'm actually ENJOYING the exercise I'm doing. This is the biggest difference with this time. I'm excited going to sleep knowing that when I wake up I get to exercise. Every day I'm celebrating that I have a body that can move me, and every day I'm thankful that I have the determination to keep exercising even on the days when I'm maybe not so excited for the exercise when I wake up. The exercise has improved my mood SO much, and I'm not planning on stopping it anytime soon.

I just feel like this time I'm accepting that this will be hard work, I'll have to keep exercising, and the changes to my body will not happen overnight. This time I don't only want to lose weight, I also want to be healthy and happy. I didn't really have anyone to share this with, other than my boyfriend who has already heard me talk about this like non-stop for 2 weeks, and thought maybe people here would like to hear this! I'm hoping that all these differences mean that this time I'm ready to stick with it and see the weight loss through. I'm hoping to post updates maybe every 10 or 15lbs, so hopefully you'll be hearing from me soon!

submitted by /u/purplecactus17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rg0INC

No comments:

Post a Comment