Friday, December 7, 2018

Is it possible to lose weight but gain fat?

So around August of this year I weighed myself and I was at 225, now I’m a 5’5” tall 19 year old girl. So I’m obviously obese. I decided I wanted to change so I started to cut my calories.

As of today I’m at 187, so I’ve lost about 38 pounds, which isn’t a lot but I’m getting there. Anyway, as I lose weight it just seems like I’m getting fatter, like my belly seems to have gotten bigger and it just seems like the lower the scale gets the bigger I get. Has this happened to anyone else? I’ve had people comment that I look like I lost weight but they don’t see me with my clothes off.

I lost most of the weight by calorie cutting not exercise, so is it possible because I wasn’t exercising that I just lost muscle and not fat?

Edit: I should say I do exercise, and my job is physically demanding. But I contribute the majority of my weight loss to cutting calories

submitted by /u/Bojyo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L176RX

No comments:

Post a Comment