Monday, December 10, 2018

Tips to avoid boredom eating?

Hi there,

I am on my 7th month of weight loss doing CICO. Things have been going very well - I am 60 lbs down so far.

One way I succeed is by keeping myself busy. If I find myself sitting on the couch on Sunday feeling like I want to snack, I know it is time to go for a walk. Despite this, I definitely tend to be closer to the upper end of my range on weekends - I counteract this with increased activity.

But... Next month, I am going in for an ankle arthroscopy. I am nervous because it will take 1-3 months to recover fully. I am mostly nervous for the first two weeks, when I will be most reliant on crutches and working from home. I won't have the same ability to just go on a walk if I start to feel snackish. I won't have the same structure of an office to keep my eating times. Also, the thought of spending the better part of 2 weeks on the couch makes me very nervous for my weight loss ambitions, and I will be trying to stick to the lower end of my caloric intake (1200) so I don't gain from inactivity.

So, what are some tips and tricks you have to avoid eating out of boredom/grazing? Taking any and all advice.

submitted by /u/whytheaverage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EeMGnn

No comments:

Post a Comment