Sunday, December 9, 2018

Weight loss, water weight, carbs, and weight gain....so confusing on what my goal should be

So, in spring of 2017 I decided I was tired of being overweight and started a diet and exercise regime. It went well and I went from 227 pounds to 175 pounds in about a year. Since then I have been counting my calories and maintaining without much issue.

But I have noticed one thing. When I eat high card, high salt foods, I put a lot of weight back on. I know it isn't fat. It is water weight from the retention and the carbs. So I usually eat health for a few days and most of the weight slinks back off. No biggie.

But now I am in a situation. I have had some pretty high carb meals since the holiday season started. My weight has gone up to 180 and its not dropping back down like it usually does. I assume this is because I continue to eat high carbs and sodium so the water weight never has a chance to leave? I dont feel any heavier. Clothes fit basically the same. Watch band and belt on the same hole.

I guess my question is, what is my true weight? My starting weight of 227 included water weight. So a chunk of that weight loss was losing the water weight. So is my true weight 180 with the water weight? Do I need to aim to be 175 at my heaviest, even with water weight? It seems almost impossible to me to keep this water weight off while eating a reasonable calorie diet, because carbs are everywhere. When I hit my goal of 175, was I really 5 pounds off because that included so much water weight loss? Am I off base in shooting for a specific weight and I should really be looking at a range? How big should that range be?

Sorry for rambling. It is just frustrating and confusing as to what I should be doing here. I am just terrified the weight is creeping back onto me despite my vigilance.

submitted by /u/jdough321
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EjJR5j

No comments:

Post a Comment