Wednesday, December 5, 2018

What do I do when protein shakes and fat bombs don't kill my hunger?

Since going back to low-carb from intermittent fasting, I've been allowing myself breakfast and a snack at work because the hunger would be so bad that it would distract me from my job. Problem is I'm still terribly hungry during the day in spite of my meals. Inevitably I wind up snacking on chips, which is kind of not good since I'm trying to minimize my carb intake, but hunger is a terrible mistress that's hard to ignore.

I don't want to eat more. I'd actually like to eat less because my weight loss has stagnated for what feels like forever, so even when I was only eating once a day, that clearly wasn't even enough of a deficit. Thankfully, in spite of my daily breakfast shake and afternoon fat bomb, my weight hasn't really gone up (but hasn't gone down either). But eating less would basically be eating one snack the entire day and I don't know if I've got that kind of willpower. I started making fat bombs and they kept me full for about 4 hours for a while, but then I just went back to being hungry 1-2 hours later like before.

If it helps, I've already tried the usual appetite suppressing suggestions such as drinking more liquids (just makes me bloated and hungry at the same time and I don't like peeing twice per hour at work), taking apple cider vinegar, and the "mind over matter" approach. They have failed me. Why am I still so hungry when I eat things that are supposed to fill me up?


Also if it helps, this is what I generally have:

Breakfast shake: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (full-fat), 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup water, 1 packet Truvia, frozen fruit (usually about 3 strawberries or 3 peach slices, or combo of both)

Midday fat bomb: I forget the measurements, but it's peanut butter, almond flour, butter, cream cheese, Truvia, vanilla extract, and a drizzle of 80% dark chocolate. That, of a handful of California blend vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots) with dip (which is about 1 carb per tablespoon and I have about 4 tablespoons at a time).

Dinner: Varies. I prefer dinner to be my largest meal of the day so I can just kind of come home and relax and without having to fuss over calories and carbs and all that as much as I do during the day.

submitted by /u/CantFindMyChandelier
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G1IREi

No comments:

Post a Comment