Sunday, March 1, 2020

Healthy, but still "stocky" and self-conscious because of it

Hey all. This is prob'ly just me looking for assurance and I'm sorry for complaining. I'm 31F, 5'6", 135lbs, down from a post-pregnancy max of 220lbs four years ago, mostly from cutting out alcohol, soda, and dinner (I've got a pretty consistent 18:6 IF schedule). Too self-conscious at this point to post pictures, but the body I see in the mirror is reasonably fit. There's some visible muscle. I lift weights (casually), do some cycling and running, and go to 3-4 aerobics classes every week. But I still feel too big for the daintier things in life. I feel like my ancestors must have been blacksmiths. I have broad shoulders and broad hips, big hands and big feet. I can still exchange some fat for muscle (and probably gain a bit of weight in the process), but - as I told a friend the other day - I can't get much smaller on account of I have bones. I didn't start out with a goal - or at least not a realistic goal (120 lbs? C'mon) - and now I don't know if I'll ever not be too big for the room.

I think it's partly a self-perception issue: I've always been the "big girl" in the group, and so I'll always feel like the "big girl," no matter what. I'm dressing better now, having a great time shopping for smalls. I've taken some pride and interest in trying new hair styles. My face looks nicer now that it's thinner. But I'm not ever going to be particularly feminine.

Whining over. I'm happy to be here at this point in my weight loss journey. I just need to set fitness goals that I can actually achieve and wait until I'm happy with what I see in the mirror.

submitted by /u/merganzer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PBZucc

No comments:

Post a Comment