Sunday, March 1, 2020

[M/24/5'8"] Showing myself grace is important

Progress pictures [one, two], SW: 255 lbs, CW: 170 lbs, 8 months

Posting something just for internet points was something that usually doesn't make sense for me (I don't have any social media except reddit), but I'd really like some right now for encouragement!

I'm in the DC area, and the dating/hookup scene is so intimidating since gay guys here look like straight up models with chiseled bodies. It's hard to be nice to myself sometimes when I look at my loose skin and still-present lower stomach.

The "after" picture is also me when I'm looking/feeling bloated from eating a takeout burrito and a quesadilla on top of a full day's worth of meals already. I hated myself immediately right after eating this food. But rather than take a picture in the morning right after a workout, I wanted to take a picture when I wasn't feeling good about myself as a first step to showing myself grace.

I should be better to myself. I completely eliminated symptoms of my health problems from obesity (high blood pressure, sleep apnea, joint pains, lethargy, etcetcetcetc), and I should celebrate that. One day of indulgent eating does not negate 8 months of hard work and tears I put into it (and will continue to put into this). I learned fitness, weight loss, and nutrition and completely changed my lifestyle. I've worked on my binge eating disorder and that shit isn't easy. One day, a guy will see my worth, but I shouldn't need a guy to feel good about my body.

But! For today, I think I need internet points as a sign of support from you all because it's really hard to be nice to myself right now.

submitted by /u/fastingslowpanda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ta3zGC

No comments:

Post a Comment