Sunday, March 1, 2020

Only a few pounds to go! / The positive changes I've experienced on my journey

Long description incoming!

After about 4 - 5 months, I'm finally super close to my ultimate weight goal. When I started, I didn't know what to expect. Like a lot of people, I would have loved to just lose all the weight in a month, but I quickly understood that this is just not how it works if you want to lose fat in a healthy and sustainable way. My major goal was to finally feel comfortable in my body and change my habits and health for the better. I can't remember a time when I have ever felt that way... I had always been chubby and in the past 5 years, it only got worse as I stopped being active and my diet consisted of junk food and sugar.

So, I am very surprised by how this journey hasn't just changed my body, but my mind as well. Here are some of those changes, I hope they will motivate some of you out there.

  • I'm much more positive about everything. I even had moments where I simply texted my family or friends about how much they mean to me. I made compliments, I received compliments.
  • Self-confidence boost! Especially related to my appearance. There are pieces of clothing I never allowed myself to wear, thinking that they are for super thin people only. While I would consider myself a bit thinner now, I also realize that this is such bullsh**. Wear whatever you want. Even when you are still not at your goal weight. It gives you so much confidence.
  • I've been able to minimize my bad habits (aka not drinking much water, eating only junk food, not keeping anything tidy, being lazy in general) and build some better habits (I drink minimum 1,5 l every day, eating much more veggies and fruits, only homecooked meals). Habits are the key, as I've realized.
  • Thanks to regular exercise, I feel much stronger and more energetic.
  • I've started to really like cooking and I finally understand what people enjoy about it.
  • I'm become mentally strong enough to get over my previous job that drove me into burn out.

Of course, my life hasn't completely turned around or anything. Weight loss is (sadly) not a magical solution to all problems. But it's a start and it usually has a big impact on mental health as well. One year ago, I would have never expected me to be in the place I'm in now. I never thought I could lose these pounds and get out of my unhealthy lifestyle. But here I am, being mindful of what I eat, actually active again and looking forward to maintaining this new lifestyle.

I realize I sound like I lost like 200 pounds and became a whole new person. I definitely haven't. :D – And I applaud everyone who aims to lose much more than just 25 pounds and manages to stay on track for much longer than a few months or even years. – But to me, this means so much and I feel so much different from the person I was just a year ago. The mind does weird things sometimes.

If you've made it to this point, thanks for reading and the best of luck and strength for your journey. See you in about a month (hopefully) with a final update. Until then, I will continue to follow/comment on your progress and other talks on this Sub. :)

submitted by /u/coco-nuts-journey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uFf2EG

No comments:

Post a Comment