Saturday, June 27, 2020

Favorite beginner work-out videos that aren't about "getting a bikini bod"?

Quarantine has been my first foray into consistent exercise and after years of rolling my eyes when people talked about the mental health benefits, I gotta say it is soooooo good for my head

I am losing weight (through diet) but not really doing exercise for weight loss, its more just a general mental + physical health thing for me. Just trying to get moving and get my heart rate going at least 30 mins a day. I think my new appreciation of exercise is partly that it is a lil easier as an overweight person than as an obese person and I imagine it will keep getting better as I get lighter

Thing is, I'm not a big fan of trainers who talk about "burning those calories" and "getting that flat tummy" and "working for a summer body" etc. I can tune out the bikini bod stuff but I (somewhat embarrassingly) much prefer and really enjoy trainers who throw in inspirational cheesy positive messages about getting strong, getting healthy.

Any beginner-friendly videos along these lines that you've enjoyed? Also if you want to share an inspirational cheesy positive message about getting into exercise, I'll take that too :P

submitted by /u/cheesyhealthjourney
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eIkFE6

No comments:

Post a Comment