Thursday, June 25, 2020

Was 190 lbs a year and a half ago (F, 27, 5`6)

.. but I'm starting my "weight loss journey" now, at 155lbs. My goal is to get down to 135 through a slow burn CICO approach.

I went from 190ish to 155 by pouring all I have into getting better mentally. Moved, dropped out of grad school, chose life and committed myself to proper psychiatric care, and focused on rediscovering who I am and what I enjoy.

So here's to all of us struggling with depression, recurring depressions, or, like me, bipolar disorder (type 2). Or any other illness that kills joy and steals energy. I know how difficult it is.

For some, their mental health get better as they lose weight. For me, that's not been the case. Whether I've been skinny or fat has never bettered or worsened any of my depressive episodes and I want others to know they're not alone. Take care of yourselves ❤️ And good luck to all and goodnight to me.

submitted by /u/okeyda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i3MjgM

No comments:

Post a Comment