Saturday, June 27, 2020

I beat depression. 60 pounds down.

https://imgur.com/gallery/lXqqGXl

When I was in high school I was a bodybuilder, kickboxer, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner but then a lot of shitty things happened in my life. After years of battling depression I started making some progress. It started out small like showering every day, getting out of my room, spending time with family and friends more often, and going outside a bit. I started to be happier and enjoy life more but my weight was always a big issue for me. I decided to get my shit together one day and start trying to get back to being healthy. I was probably one burger away from a heart attack or diabetes and I knew that. I started by just cutting my food intake in half because I knew that I wouldn’t be able to do it if I did more than that. I started by simply going for walks in the park because I couldn’t quite run well yet. Eventually after a while I started being able to jog for maybe a half mile. That’s when I started actually dieting, I drank a smoothie twice a day and had a normal sized meal for dinner of whatever I wanted as long as it wasn’t fast food or anything. At one point I was losing 2.5 pounds a day or so just from that which was crazy to me but it felt okay. The best advice I can give is that the first week it will FEEL impossible. It isn’t impossible in the slightest and YOU CAN DO IT. Trust me when I tell you, it’s going to absolutely suck and you’re going to want to give up many times in that first week and occasionally sometimes after but when you step on that scale and see those pounds flying away, you will be so happy. I’m glad that I made the jump and that I decided to do better for myself. I’m happy and I genuinely enjoy my life again for the first time in years. I now have an amazing support group of friends and family who help me, I’ve decided to start dating again and have been doing pretty good with that, and quite a long time ago I started a company that is doing very well. Finally, and this may be a bit of a TMI but, I don’t have to pay for sex anymore. Before I was doing “sugar daddy/sugar baby” relationships and I never felt happy in that but things have turned around significantly since I’ve gained my confidence in myself back. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey and I truly hope that you get to your goals. It’s not a matter of “can I?” because you can. You just need to get through that pain first. Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/JustADude1997
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A9tsjl

No comments:

Post a Comment