Saturday, June 27, 2020

A stress injury during lockdown has halted my progress, and I was so close! I've been battling the weight loss demons in my head, and had a minor victory today.

I live in New Zealand. We had a crazy strict lockdown for a little over 2 months. During that time I was out running a LOT because it was the only cardio activity I was allowed to do during the lockdown. I had been running for months before this, but only on the weekends. I usually switched it up between cross training, stair master, and kept running down to 2 days a week. The excessive running resulted in a stress injury in April that I have yet to recover from.

I'm down 70 pounds (200 starting to 130 present, 28F, 5'9") and have been trying desperately to lose the last 5 and tighten up problem areas. Being so close to the finish and not being able to reach it has been making me crazy and brought on some serious depression lows. Today I decided to make a before and after shot, something I've been avoiding since I'm not actually at my goal yet, and looking at the progress versus the plateau put me in high spirits for the first time in a long time.

When my knee heals up I'll be able to cardio off that last 5 pounds. Today is the first time in months that I've been okay with that.

Progress photo: https://m.imgur.com/a/ParvPgw

submitted by /u/sg1gal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3g5drKo

No comments:

Post a Comment