Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The climb doesn't seem that long anymore

As I come up on a bit of a checkpoint in my weight loss (for personal reasons unrelated to the number on the scale), I wanted to share a thought. Maybe this will even help someone else at the start of their journey.

M, 26, 5'9. SW: 335+, CW: 256, GW: not sure - 200? maybe less.

Even when I was at 300 pounds (310 at the start of quarantine), I remember looking at the "two hundreds" coming up ahead. I would have to, at some point, weigh 290. and 280. and 270. and 260. and so on.

It was like standing at the bottom of a mountain, looking up and seeing the peak, and knowing that the peak will have a great view, but taking account of each and every switchback along the way, knowing that they would surely wear me out.

In the beginning, the number of switchbacks was daunting, and frankly annoying. But I had to start the hike eventually, and I did. and it has been worth the switchbacks!

Rather than it being "annoying" that I hit these milestones, it was exciting. An objective indicator that I was getting closer to my goals.

But the best part is - the more I climb, the fewer switchbacks I have in my way before I hit the peak. And, while I can't wait for the view from the peak, everyone that's ever been on a hike knows there are some great vantage points along the way :)

Thank you to everyone that posts here and /r/progresspics (I am addicted). Maybe by the end of the year I will be able to post a 100lb weight loss progress pic.

submitted by /u/ezweight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37WX67X

No comments:

Post a Comment