Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Around this time two years ago, I achieved my weight loss goal due in large part to this community. Then 2020 happened.

I'm a 33f, 5'2", who went from 175 lbs to 125 lbs over the course of about 7 months, achieving my goal in the spring of 2018. I was a diligent calorie counter, and tallied everything I ate for an entire year! Once I stopped counting calories, I continued to maintain my weight (with minor fluctuations, of course) for nearly a year and a half. I was proud and felt like I had developed habits that would last a lifetime.

Fast forward to 2020. Many things changed in my own life, but I won't get into the details. Confined to home and in a new relationship, we took to eating as a way of bonding and hanging out. I have since gained back 25 of my hard lost pounds. I'm barely squeezing into my newer wardrobe like it's sausage casing.

I've downloaded MFP again probably three times in the past few months, and still can't get back into the habit of counting calories. It's not that I feel discouraged. I've done this before and I know I can do it again. I didn't even hate logging my food when I was losing weight before- the habit became second nature. It's just the idea of having to do it over again is making me crazy.

So I guess I'm hoping for words of encouragement and advice- it's what this sub does best. For anyone who was a good maintainer and fell off the wagon, how'd you get back up again? I'd love to hear your stories.

submitted by /u/mikrolo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eQDwN7

No comments:

Post a Comment