Thursday, June 25, 2020

Random Observations - Potentially Uninteresting

I’m a 5’10” male in my late 40s that started trying to lose weight when I was 275 pounds. At present I find myself at 206 pounds and I’d really like to get to 180 pounds eventually.

A short time ago I joined this subreddit and have since been awed, motivated, saddened, and overjoyed by the posts that are written. Each one of you are courageous and dedicated people that I highly respect and appreciate.

To be honest, making my first post has been a challenge. I haven’t wanted to bore or annoy any of you, and didn’t feel as though I had much to offer. Today I decided to take the plunge with a simple observations topic regarding my weight loss meant to be a little off the beaten path, and perhaps a bit funny.

Acne has been the scourge of my existence since I was 13. Most people grow out of it, I didn’t. In my adulthood I employed many treatments to mitigate the impacts. It might be diet, or perhaps lessening stress, but the issue has diminished for the most part. Never imagined that I’d say goodbye to my Neutrogena products, but alas here we are.

I travel extensively for business, including a considerable amount of air travel. Back in the bad old days, I dreaded the moment that I’d meet the airline seat. That anxiety as to the length of the lap belt, the wishing that my company allowed first class domestic business travel. At this point I’m no longer feeling those emotions.

Prior to beginning my journey I was a meat, potatoes, and more meat type of man. The running joke at business dinners was always that I could be counted on to order the largest steak on the menu. Certainly I was aware that vegetables existed; but it was unclear to me what purpose they were meant to serve. Today I’m eating any type of vegetable I can find at my local market. I seek out interesting recipes and enjoy making them for friends. It’s like a whole new world of flavor has been opened up to me, and there are many cows out there that appreciate it.

Finally a somewhat controversial and quite embarrassing observation that I’m going to write about with care. There are certain conditions than a segment of the male population experience as they age. Some are circulatory in nature and present issues during certain intimate times. Seeing a huge opportunity to address this issue, the pharmaceutical industry answered with a solution. One benefit that I didn’t expect was that they would lose a customer due to my progress.

Anyway, there it is... my first post. And all of you are awesome, I’m grateful to have found you.

submitted by /u/pollenadverse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NtmE31

No comments:

Post a Comment