Tuesday, June 30, 2020

NSV: Walked 7 miles today without getting winded (and SV down to 182.5!!!)

It's been a long road to this point. A year ago I was over 265 pounds and could hardly handle a half mile walk without huffing and puffing, but today did 7 miles (with a nearly 400 foot elevation differential!) and definitely felt it, but wasn't winded and felt like I could still keep going!!!

CICO and IF have been my go-to tools so far, along with doctor monitored extreme caloric deficit for the initial part of my weight loss (extreme drop was needed due to imminent liver failure)

Now I'm running about 1400-1600 calories per day, and walking on average 4 miles per day, switching out walking for swimming on days where my knees act up (congenital knee deformity means if I'm standing or walking I have to wear braces and often walk with a cane - definitely made getting off my ass in the beginning a hell of a lot harder)

Next big step once I get down to 170ish will be ramping up protein intake again (already casually increasing protein to get used to it) and pushing the swim workouts to more workout focused as opposed to just moving. Tentative goal is to be burning off the last of the skinny fat by late september and building solid muscle that I can maintain to help keep the fat down.

TLDR: Between CICO and IF, I went from a couch potato with imminent liver failure to a much lighter dude who can walk 7 miles straight!

submitted by /u/CyrusDonnovan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31yHE0G

No comments:

Post a Comment