Wednesday, June 24, 2020

I’m feeling so defeated...

I am having some health problems(not caused by weight) and have been having a very elevated heart rate, so I have had to switch off from my stimulant ADHD medication for the time being as stimulants pushed my heart rate even higher than it already was.

I was doing amazing with my weight loss on my previous medication. I could focus well and my impulse control was stabilized, and I was able to easily stick to my 1200-1400 calorie a day budget. I could stick to healthy foods with treats every once in a while that I calculated for, and I lost ten pounds in about a month and a half.

Now that I’m not on a stimulant medication, everything has gone to shit. My impulse control has always been the biggest symptom of my ADHD I experience. Now that it’s not under control, I keep getting random food cravings and I’m hungry all the time, and can’t say no to foods. I find I’m eating far more throughout the day, and I’m eating a lot more junk than I used to. Luckily, I’ve been maintaining weight, not gaining, but I feel absolutely terrible and really down on myself.

I know I shouldn’t be too hard on myself considering it’s all medical related, but I feel morally wrong even if it’s not really my fault. Sometimes it’s hard to realize that yes, my ADHD is a disability and not me failing as a person, somehow, but I always take things so personally.

I’m just hoping to God that once my medical issues are taken care of I can go back to my stimulant medication. It’s not even just effecting weight loss, it’s made work unbearable. I couldn’t sit down and write a freaking 250 word answer to a question! Like the title said, I’m just feeling really defeated by all of this...

submitted by /u/harvestwheat27
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Yv0raW

No comments:

Post a Comment