Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Uplifting thought: Weight loss is not the point of weight loss.

I think sometimes we forget that losing weight is not a goal in itself. The goal is to be the best version of ourselves, mentally and physically. Sometimes I used to get wrapped up in the idea that first I'd lose weight, which would require a lot of suffering, and then some day, that would enable me to be happy and healthy. Thinking like that made losing weight seem like an interminable struggle - who can put off happiness that long? But the truth is, I think weight loss is easier when you *are* happy. You don't have to be thin to have a joyous spirit, and your health gets better every day that you eat well. So, you can have both of those things right now, as you are - and every day you continue on your journey will just bring you more of both. Big hugs.

submitted by /u/I_Hazza_Sadz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ifPfqK

No comments:

Post a Comment