Saturday, June 27, 2020

What are your unique and/or interesting ways you relieve stress?

31F. 5’2. SW:138. CW:121. GW:110-115. (I don’t know how to do the little square description box some people have)

I’ve gone down the checklist of all the textbook ways to relieve stress. Exercise, journaling, deep breaths, meditation, relaxing hobbies, calming vitamins, etc etc. Nothing really comes close to fully emptying my stress tank the way binging does. I'm trying to find a strong substitute that can stand up to the way watching TV and binging is able to completely turn my brain off at the end of a long day/week. I’m stuck at a plateau trying to lose the last 8-10 lbs and binging has been a huge detriment to not only my weight loss goal, but all my other goals as well. I’m on my third week of giving up TV/streaming/videos which I thought would help (the two are often related for me) but I’m still binging. I can convince myself to not binge for a few days, practice all types of healthy stress-relieving activities, but stress finds a way to keep slowly piling on through the week until I cave.

I still work five days a week (Hello from your friendly neighborhood Essential-Grocery-Store-Employee!) so it’s not really a matter of keeping on a schedule or being bored. I’ve been working on other goals in my life as well, really trying to make a change and create more opportunity for myself, so it’s not a matter of having nothing to work on or do.

So. What do you do to scratch that itch of turning your brain off?

submitted by /u/FlyingCoach31
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eG3QcT

No comments:

Post a Comment