Tuesday, June 30, 2020

My weight loss journey was interrupted. Now 4.5 months after having my baby, I'm ready to shed some weight again

I'm F/29/5'5"/CW:220/GW:150 Currently I weigh 220lbs, that's a BMI of 36.6 or obese. I wanted to briefly tell my story and start being accountable again.

So back in July of 2018 I had my gallbladder removed, with 26 stones in it. I didn't want to believe that I was as unhealthy as I was, so after surgery I thought I could keep eating greasy onion rings and crap. But I started to feel even worse so by the end of August, I was doing CICO and walking a lot. I was 198lbs and ashamed. I also had PCOS and was told it was unlikely I could have kids without fertility treatment. I hadn't even had a menstrual cycle in years.

Then I started to actually lose weight and I felt great. I liked seeing my progress and had more confidence. I started getting my period again. I was at 162lbs in April 2019. Then in May I got pregnant but I didn't figure it out until 6 weeks later. By that point I was 170.

My husband and I were over the moon about being pregnant and preparing to start our family. My pregnancy was completely uneventful, except that I gained 50 fucking pounds! I was 220lbs when my baby arrived via C-section. 9 days after giving birth, I was at 204lbs. Then breastfeeding made me ridiculously hungry and I ate high calorie snacks and meals. I started gaining more weight until I reached 220lbs again. I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin. Now my baby is 4.5 months old and I'm so ready to get back in shape.

I'm starting CICO tomorrow as well as consistent walking with my baby. I am still breastfeeding/pumping which is burning about 500 calories a day. So my calorie intake needs to be 1900 to maintain my milk supply. This is definitely doable because I used to do 1200 calories and was fine.

I'm ready to focus on my health and wellness again and make it a priority. I want to feel confident again. If anyone has any tips for activities and exercises to do with a young child, please give me your tips!

submitted by /u/Anita_Marie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ijaMik

No comments:

Post a Comment