Friday, June 26, 2020

Is this waist to weight ratio... normal?

So after getting a 500 mg/dl result on a blood sugar test I thought it's time for change and started losing weight. Things have been going okay so far in terms of actual weight loss. 55lbs/25kg in the past 7 months. That said, you seem to hear a lot about how waist size is the more important indicator for health, and while I'm currently down to 5'8 and 166lbs(172cm and 75kg) my waist size is still a bit over 40 inches(102cm). Height to Waist ratios would actually put me as obese(and I honestly wouldn't argue because I certainly do look pretty fat) whereas according to BMI I'm almost out of the overweight category. I can't help but feel like my waist and actual weight are in-congruent.

That said, I'm not stopping here so I suppose I still have some room to lose weight and and go down, but I was originally aiming for about 140-145 and I find it hard to believe that just another 20-25 lbs is going to be enough to suddenly drop from a 40 inch waist to a more healthy 34/36. Should I just keep going until I do? I feel like I'll be down to under 120 before that happens lol

submitted by /u/CronoTheMute
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fX9QxS

No comments:

Post a Comment