Monday, June 29, 2020

Looking at MFP history and realizing why all of my previous weight loss attempts failed

I've been using MFP on and off (emphasis on off) to log calories for about 6 years. Every once in a while I'd start a "diet" (ie cutting calories), I'd stick with for a week or so then quit or have a ton of cheat days. I always felt like calorie cutting was sooo restrictive and I never got to eat very much.

Well, I looked at some logs from 3+ years ago and I completely realize why. I was eating the same kind of junk as always (pizza, burgers, breads, fries, beer, ice cream), but in tiny quantities or eating nothing for breakfast/lunch then all my calorie budget at dinner. No wonder I never could keep it up for long.

Now I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for almost a month and it's working! I'm eating more protein and filling foods (egg, chicken, fish, nuts). I'm eating actual meals (who was I kidding ever calling a Starbucks Frappuccino "breakfast?") and I still have budget for an occasional beer or ice cream. It's so much easier and I don't feel hungry. I think this time I've made the mindset changes that are going to help me be successful long term. :)

submitted by /u/WhalliamShakespeare
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dNoUga

No comments:

Post a Comment