Monday, June 29, 2020

Last chance to change my lifestyle

In the past 2 years I have been trying to lose weight but have been failing consistently. I am 21F 168cm. My starting weight in Jan 2018 was 93kg, it went down to 81kg and kept fluctuating up to 86kg until 3 months ago, where I decided to stop caring about my diet to focus on my exams. I am in medical school so life is really stressful but I know it shouldn't be an excuse to let myself go like that. I gained 8kg over 3 months and now I'm at 94kg, higher than my starting weight.

I have always loved working out but food has always been the biggest problem for me. I have gone to the gym consistently, done crazy amounts of cardio and had no results simply because of what I was eating and the amount of what I was eating. I have been treated for binge eating disorder before but the urge to binge always comes back just days into a new diet. I have tried all kinds of diets: paleo, keto, low carb, high carb vegan etc but have never been consistent with them. CICO was just a way for me to squeeze junk food into my daily calories and I always ended up exceeding my limit and then training it off with a workout.

But now I know that weight loss isn't some temporary diet or workout plan. It's really a lifestyle change that I have to stick with forever. I can't keep eating like a fat person and expect myself to get fit. And I can't keep making excuses or giving myself "a little leeway" right after implementing strict rules for myself. My weight has taken a huge toll on my confidence and has taken away so many opportunities away from me. So I've decided enough is enough. I really have to commit to making a lasting change and take it seriously.

My plan is to eat 1570kcal daily (calculated by MFP), go on 6-10k steps walks every morning and pair it with an at home workout in the evening. It's time that I start taking care of myself properly.

submitted by /u/angerybirbo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31mUbUK

No comments:

Post a Comment