Saturday, June 27, 2020

Struggling with my weight (29m)(uk)

I'm sorry about the long post and dont really know whether expect much from this post.

My weight problem started a long time ago, I used to work security, wasn't one of those bulky muscular guys but I wasn't unhealthy either.

That was until I had a really bad night on the job, took some injuries and was honestly scared for my life. The worst effect this had was my sanity.

There was always a history of depression since I was a teen and took some very hard losses but, anxiety was never something I'd experienced before. Ince I got home from hospital, I rarely managed to leave the house again. I'd fight it at first and try to push myself but couldn't even manage to open the front door sometimes.

I had to rely on my family that I hadn't really been close with for help as I lost friends due to this, they couldn't understand why I wouldn't go visit them anymore or if I did, why I was always on edge or in a rush to go home.

My family would help when they could but they had their own problems too and I understand that completely, I'm thankful for what they could do. But, the longer this went on, the larger I got. I couldnt go out and exercise and my apartment is small, you couldnt swing a cat in here.. not that I would obviously.

It's been about 4 years now if not longer

Just before covid, I managed to join a very local gym and was even able to spend an hour or two there when my anxiety was calm, mainly because it was a 24 hour where you could check online how many people were there... I'd always wait for less than 5 which wasn't often.

I've been going to my doctors who arent much help, they offer no advice and dont put me through to anyone who could help, I tried getting help with my anxiety but am limited on what help they will provide

I've learnt, this last year, my weight has practically stayed the same with my efforts, I try to eat healthy but I cant take control of what shopping is done most of the time, I try and move around the apartment as much as possible but, seriously can touch wall to wall with arms spread out in the largest room..

It's a vicious circle of, my weight messes up my anxiety now and my anxiety prevents weight loss and to top it all of my depression is just mocking me but that's a whole other story

If you read this, thank you, if you decide to reply, I'd appreciate any advice available. If I've wasted your time, I'm sorry.

submitted by /u/Discarded-Dwarf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/387DoGy

No comments:

Post a Comment