Friday, June 26, 2020

I’m upset and frustrated

Hey I’m a new time poster but I’ve been lurking in the sub for a while. I’ve began my weight loss journey at the beginning of this month and all throughout this my family’s been really judging me especially my mom and sister who are skinnier than me. With my brother it’s just some light teasing like him saying if something is “too much calories” which I know is a joke, but it’s worse with my mom and sister. In the beginning they were both somewhat supportive but recently they’re both being really passive aggressive with me and I honestly don’t know how much more I can take. My mom either tries to put her own “twist” on the foods that I cook by putting in stuff I don’t want in, wanting me to try fad diets and exercises from Facebook and getting upset when I say no, or guilt triping me, like yesterday my mom brought home some McDonald’s for me even though I told her I was making myself dinner and my mom got defensive saying how “She can’t ever bring her daughter something from her favorite fast food place because she was thinking of me while getting herself something too.” My mom doesn’t even like McDonald’s... My sister is more “direct” with how she acts with me saying I should starve for not wanting to eat what my mom cooks or calling my gross or weird for doing my workouts or wanting to go on a run. Recently it’s been getting really hard with the judgemental stares and words from my mom and sister. I feel even more self conscious about myself than before making the decision to lose weight. I feel like crying and hitting stuff again because of how frustrated I am. I know I shouldn’t give up. I know I should keep on going. But idk if my mental state would be good if I kept on doing this. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m so tired of this ((this is just a vent bc idk where else to go I’m sorry))

submitted by /u/aha7510
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eyz5Xi

No comments:

Post a Comment