Wednesday, June 24, 2020

My new system is working! [28F, 5'8"]

TLDR - this is what has been helping keep me motivated

So I hit my highest ever recorded weight last month clocking in at 199.5lbs. I forced myself to step on the scale after several weeks of being lazy and binge eating post-breakup. The fact that I was so dangerously close to surpassing the 200lb mark shook me. It was good though, it was the kick in the pants I needed to get started.

I've done the weight loss thing before (you can see my progress pic graveyard in my post history) with keto and dropped down to the mid 160's, but that wasn't quite sustainable and once I transitioned off of that diet the weight crept back up. So this time around it's CICO all the way! Tracking dutifully and more exercise is what's physically going to get me there, but as many of you know, weight loss is also a real mental challenge. I needed some strategy to encourage and maintain my motivation level to ensure I actually hit the 150lb goal weight ive been striving towards (albeit intermittently) for YEARS.

I didn't exactly reinvent the wheel or anything. I just sat down and created a breakdown of the 50lbs I needed to shed, dividing it into 10lb goals. I opened up my notepad app and recorded my current stats and a photo. I used the checklist feature to create boxes to tick off for every 10lbs I dropped, along with a little motivational message about the weight of a household object equal to that of the weight I had lost so far, and a non-food related "prize" that I could treat myself too once I reached that point. An important point is that I didn't set any time limits on myself. I've shot myself in the foot before by imposing a "must weigh X by" date and winding up disappointed if I don't make it. It takes as long as it takes, just gotta keep working on checking those boxes.

It may seem a little silly and totally simple, but it's working! I hit my first checkbox today, a little over a month in. And I'm still really psyched to keep going until I finally reach my goal. I don't usually write posts on Reddit but I wanted to share with this community in case this strategy might help somebody else. I've included an example of my first few goals, I'm happy to post them all if people are interested!

submitted by /u/goodgraciou5
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fRHjtG

No comments:

Post a Comment