Saturday, June 27, 2020

How has exercising while losing weight benefited you?

Just to clarify, I'm talking about light/moderate exercise, not heavy lifting or super intense exercise.

I (30F, 5'2", 211 lbs) restarted my weight loss journey about a month back with CICO and exercising about 30-40 minutes 5-6 days a week and I've lost a few pounds so far. However even though I switch up the exercises and try to find workouts that I enjoy, there are many days where I feel extra lazy and have to drag myself up to do it, and I know that those workouts are very low intensity and probably don't burn a lot. I know that losing weight is more dependent on diet than exercise, and I've been able to fairly easily stay within my calorie limit each day (average of about 1400 per day throughout the month). On many days I feel like it would be easier to just eat 100-150 fewer calories than get up and exercise.

I want to keep myself motivated to exercise because I do want to be strong and healthy along with losing weight, but recently I've been reading about gaining muscle and a lot of what I've read seems to say that it's very difficult to gain muscle while in a caloric deficit (unless you're lifting a lot and eating a lot of protein) and that sometimes makes me wonder what the point is to huffing and puffing through these workouts if I'm not going to be gaining any muscle (please tell me if I've misunderstood how this works). I was hoping some of you who have incorporated some exercise into your journey could tell me how it's helped you.

submitted by /u/Natalorian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Vo14RQ

No comments:

Post a Comment