Friday, June 26, 2020

Lost 60 lbs in 6 months

F20 5’2 SW:220 CW:160 GW:125-135

I was an obese kid, about 140lbs by the 5th grade (age 10). I maintained that weight through all of middle school and then got to about 160lbs by sophomore year, 180lbs by senior year. A total of 40 pounds in 4 years. My highest weight ever was 220lbs , I’ve always bigger but I guess I never found my weight to be a problem until I was faced with the reality of being in the 200s. A “problem” in regards to health, as I was being weighed in the doctor’s office for the first time in years; while simultaneously being told I have high blood pressure and possibly pre-diabetic at 19. The last time I had weighed myself I was about 180 lbs, which would’ve been about 40lbs gained in less than a year. I hadn’t even noticed. Then the realization struck me; I don’t take pictures of myself, didn’t own a full length mirror, and wore extremely baggy clothes so even with weight gain that significant I could still make it fit. So how could I have realized? I was censoring my own image from myself to ignore the obvious. I guess I had always thought because I never lost weight that it was too hard, as if it would just fall off by itself. So I started July 2019, just with CICO and not really exercising. Just counting calories is what helped me lose the initial 50lbs. Obviously at the weight I was it’s easier to lose weight but I was still astonished at how much I was able to lose from simply restricting. I have issues with food, binging and such, so doing OMAD (1200-1400 calories) helped me curve the urge to full on binge. By February 2020 I started incorporating exercise here and there and lost an additional 10 which got me back into the 160s! Which brings me to my plateau, I’ve been stuck in the mid 160s all of quarantine, after initially losing most of my weight in that amount of time. It’s hard to find motivation to eat healthily when I’m not seeing any improvements, even with measuring tape. Leaving me with another realization, the methods I used to lose weight at 220, don’t work at 160. I didn’t have to eat clean, even moderately clean really. I was still eating whatever I wanted within my calorie limits which helped me lose weight, but didn’t help the actual cause of the weight gain. Basically I wasn’t building healthy habits which makes the likelihood of gaining weight more prevalent and that’s just not an option for me. In the last week I’ve been making an effort to eat more whole foods and exercise, went from 163.4-159.2. Technically in the 150s, after a 4 month plateau.

Tldr; weight loss is not linear!

submitted by /u/champagne_bruja
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ny6fu4

No comments:

Post a Comment