Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Losing weight without counting calories?

When I was in high school, I struggled with severe anorexia, to the point where doctors weren't sure I would ever fully recover. But I did! And then I went too far and was borderline obese.

It's been a few years since then, and I'm now at a healthy weight (21F/5'4/140lbs) but I'm not quite happy with it. Not in the same way I was with my anorexia, I just want to be fitter and take better care of my body. My goal is 115-125lbs. But the problem is, I can't count calories without sending myself into a relapse.

I was nearly 190 at my heaviest, and I lost those 50 pounds over the course of a year, maintaining around 140 for 2 years now. But I lost that weight mainly through unhealthy restriction and old disordered habits. I don't want to go down that road again.

I eat most likely around 1200-1500 calories a day if I had to estimate, and I play sports for 1-2 hours at least 4 days a week, burning an average of about 450 calories each time (estimate based on fitbit readings). I'm tired of being stuck at this weight no matter what I do, but I'm worried most traditional weight loss methods will trigger a relapse.

I've been doing 16/8 intermittent fasting for about 2 weeks now and haven't seen a significant change in my weight, though I feel like my stomach appears more bloated. I'm not quite sure if IF is the best fit for me. Any advice or recommendations?

submitted by /u/paradoxicly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YNFnNb

No comments:

Post a Comment