Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Oh no, the dreaded plateau

I (28F) have struggled with my weight since I was about 10 years old. Always the largest person in my friendship groups, classes etc.

By the time I was 24 years old I weighed 132kg (~291 lbs). I made the decision to start making positive changes as weight loss wasn’t going to happen miraculously, I don’t have the metabolism for it. In the space of 6 months, purely through calorie counting and exercising at home, I managed to get down to 95kg (~209 lbs). Which was incredible and I was so proud of myself.

But due to changes in circumstances, moving house, moving city etc. the weight, once again, slowly crept back on as I stopped calorie counting, exercising and caring.

Which brings us to 2020. At the beginning of the year I had enough. I was fed up of feeling unfit, getting out of breath when walking up stairs or hills, hearing my office chair groan when I sat down, my clothes feeling too tight etc. I was once again 131kg (~288 lbs) and miserable.

I started regularly exercising again, between 5-6 times a week, mostly kickboxing and dancing videos on YouTube. I started counting my calories again. I started off at 1,100 calories to get into the habit and slowly increased it to 1,300-1,500 calories per day. The weight started to come off. Weekly I was losing 1.5kg (3 lbs). By week 20 I had lost almost 30kg (~66 lbs) and my old clothes were starting to fit and my confidence was growing.

But everything has now stopped. I’ve hit a wall. I’m exercising as much as before, I’m calorie counting, tracking my macros, drinking at least 4 litres of water per day, sleeping a minimum of 7 hours a night, tracking weight and food intake on MFP. I just can’t get below 100kg.

I thought it may be hormonal but I’ve never had a stalling like this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TL;DR - lost almost 30kg (~66 lbs) in 20 weeks now have hit a wall and the scales aren’t changing. Any suggestions are welcome.

submitted by /u/amysantiag0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eSOhPe

No comments:

Post a Comment