Monday, June 29, 2020

Hungrier when I up calories?

I'm 5'4, around 125-127lbs and exercise around 5-6 days a week with 30-40min home workouts (gonna start weight training this week because the gym is open!)

Lately my calorie intake has been around 1450-1500 for weight loss (i have been measuring everything I eat to make sure it's accurate) I find that anything below 1400 lately has me really hungry at night and makes it hard to sleep and focus.

However, it feels like even when I eat up to 1800-1900 calories, I still feel kind of hungry at the end of the day. I usually eat very clean, whole foods, but always seem to end up slightly hungry at night unless I eat maybe around 2200+ calories of nutrient dense foods.

I gave myself around 2 days a week ago where I ate around 2300-2500 calories, and I had a ton of energy during those days and the day after. It made my workouts alot more fun and livelier, and I feel like I moved around alot more, but that's probably to be expected from eating a surplus. The frusturating thing was that I still felt honestly hungry at night. Granted, most of the extra calories were from junk food but I filled the other ~1600-1700 calories with nutrient dense food.

Again, today, I let myself eat around 1800 calories because I ended yesterday at 1350 and slept badly from hunger and woke up even hungrier lol. Even at 1800 I feel hungry at night, even when I ended the day with a snack that had protein and fat, and ate way more fat than usual.

What gives? Upping to 1800-1900 calories used to keep me full until the next day even if I had my last meal at around 4-5pm, and now it feels like it only makes me hungrier. I usually eat around 120-130g protein and 40g-50g fat. The rest is carbs from oatmeal, veggies, polenta, whole grains in general. And I usually drink around 1 gallon of water a day. I did keto for about a year and honestly high fat does not satiate me as much as eating a moderate amount of carbs and moderate-low fat.

I have decent energy at this level of intake, of course not as much as when I eat more than 2000 calories, but it's just so strange to me that I've started to not be satisfied from even 1800 calories of good food. I'm starting to wonder if its blood sugar related, but sometimes thr hunger lasts from night to until the next day when I eat something (usually in the afternoon because I do a loose IF) and it doesn't seem to be mitigated if my last snack is mostly protein and fats.

Has anyone else felt this way too? When they eat close to maintenance, it makes them even hungrier?

submitted by /u/sorryahaha
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dJxDA6

No comments:

Post a Comment