Friday, June 26, 2020

NSV: I haven't been worried about my summer clothes fitting for 9 years.

I lost the bulk of my weight about 10 years ago. I really buckled down, changed my lifestyle, counted calories, ate less sweets, began exercising, the whole deal. Losing that weight brought me just inside the healthy BMI category, and since then I've probably lost and regained about 5-10 lbs here and there. I feel like I am constantly beating myself up when I do gain a few lbs, and I know I shouldn't, but here we are.

The other day I was talking with a friend, who is just about my age. She complained to me that she doesn't fit into any of her summer shorts anymore, some which she's had for years. She kind of shrugged and said "I guess this is how getting old is."

But I couldn't relate. I haven't not been able to fit into my summer clothes in 9 years. I've never once had to go and buy new clothes, or "work on my swimsuit body," to fit into them. I just pull them out, wash them, and wear them. It's not even a source of anxiety that my clothes won't fit. Of course the dream is to pull them out, and realize I need a smaller size, but I have to remember to recognize and celebrate a victory when it's starting me in the face! I've worked really hard over the years to not regain that weight, and I need to acknowledge it!

Non-scale victories can be just as motivating as scale, but learning to recognize them, appreciate them, and not just think of them as some type of "concession" prize to weight loss is SO IMPORTANT.

submitted by /u/yawnfactory
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NwfvyT

No comments:

Post a Comment