Wednesday, June 24, 2020

I'm back /r/loseit

I used to contribute to this community basically every day for years, but I stopped using reddit and forgot my login. So I'm back, with a new account and a new goal. I lost 40lbs a few years ago, went from an obese BMI to a healthy range BMI. I got really fit, maintained most of the weight loss for a few years. It was wonderful.

In the last 12 months I've regained a lot of the weight. First, I got busy with work and stopped making the time to take care of myself. Then I had some health problems that took some time to diagnose, which caused a bit more weight gain. I recovered and then the pandemic and the lockdown happened. My work became busier than ever but all the big life goals I had been working towards for this year got paused or cancelled. I grieved in unhealthy ways for the things I'd be missing out on, drinking too much too often and eating crap food that left me feeling too sluggish to move.

I realise now I was depressed, and I'm starting to come out the other side of it with some work to do to get my body and mind back to the healthy state I deserve. I have lost weight and maintained before so I know all the tools I need to get there. There will be good days and bad days, that's just life. I'm looking forward to spending them with you again :)

Another positive, all the tech has improved since my last time around. I am obsessed with the Nike run club app, and I'm using the nutra check calorie counter instead of MFP and so far it seems to have a much better database for foods for Ireland where I am based. However this time around I'm in my 30s, so I imagine hitting my goals will be a bit slower than when I was 25! I'm planning to do CICO again.

SW this time: 153 lbs (It was 155 the first time)

CW: 151

GW: 130

Female/ Height 5'1

submitted by /u/Sparrahs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NnFdpl

No comments:

Post a Comment