Thursday, June 25, 2020

Water Weight/ Retention.

I'm hoping that some of you guys might be able to help me understand how what to expect with water retention. I've lost 26lbs and have recently started going from weekly weigh ins to daily weigh ins to see the fluctuations in my weight. I know that there are certain things that can cause your body to hold on to water, such as a salty meal, exercise, or your period, and its interesting to see this happening on the scale. I try not to get disheartened with it, but no one likes seeing the scale go up 3lbs after a good week. What I really want to know is when can you expect to see water weight go down and normal weight loss resume? Is this different for whatever is causing the retention?

For example, yesterday after a really good couple of weeks I treated myself to a take away and my day rounded off on maintenance calorie wise, but I also did a long walk up a steep hill that has crushed my legs haha. When I stepped on the scale this morning, no surprises I was +2lbs, but what should I be expecting tomorrow? Does it take a few days to go back down...might it even increase if I do more exercise today?

I hope this posts makes sense, thanks in advance for any help :)

submitted by /u/chunkytofunky_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BFuJ1K

No comments:

Post a Comment