Saturday, December 5, 2020

Act like you truly believe you are at your goal, not like you are trying to reach it.

Hey all, I've been maintaining at my goal weight for 3 years now. I've been gaining a little weight recently and took a moment to reflect on the journey and it led me to the thought in the title.

It seems like good advice, not only for weight loss, but really for any goal.

With weight loss specifically, we often share the wisdom that it's a marathon not a sprint, evoking a race with a beginning and an end.

Your efforts are going towards running the race, your mindset is that you are working towards a state of completion.

But we don't ever, and I mean, ever reach completion with how we feel about our bodies. No one does. By this I mean, satisfied or not, we will always think about our bodies.

So your goal should not be to "complete the race" but it is to learn how to both behave and believe to be at your goal.

We sometimes share this same advice, though more simply, with the phrase "think thin" (though this is problematic as general advice. So think [your goal] instead.

It took reflecting on my past feelings while losing weight to understand and feel the difference of where my attitude and efforts are now.

We often reflect on our memories with our best or worst moments, but the commonplace gets kind of shrouded by the emotions tied up to those big memories.

Think carefully about the small moments, the habits you built. Where you would eat out when you were hungry, what you did instead of following your daily planned meal, the little treats or other indulgences.

Those things add up. They Are your behavior.

Your default settings need to change.

And that can only happen if you ask yourself, "if I were at my goal, what would I do?" every single time you're unsure.

You won't always get the answer right. Repeat this process until you do.

That's the recipe for long term success.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/coldize
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mLwUUr

No comments:

Post a Comment