Saturday, December 5, 2020

Changing my idea of weight loss

20F, SW: 81kg, GW: 60kg CW: 73kg

So, I started my weight loss journey really at the start of the big C. March 23rd, the day everything shut down was my birthday and all that time alone had me reflecting on why I felt so bad about myself. I joined this Reddit, did my research, started CICO and because I don't really have any major problems with addictions to sugar and love fruit and veg it was pretty easy. My biggest hurdle is I'm a big snack fan so I just reduce my meal portion sizes and have healthy snacks like nuts, fruit, or popcorn. I lost weight at a normal rate, frustratingly slow at the time but on reflection from April to August losing 10kg is not bad at all, when I moved back to uni in August I was at 70kg.

Since university started and I actually have things to worry about outside calorie counting, things went out the window a bit. I gained 5kg back and lost half my progress and was back to feeling terrible. Now not only because I was unhappy with how I looked but because I had "failed myself". It encouraged me to get back onto counting, a little at a time. I'd enter only my lunch and my snacks, see how many calories I had left and 'guess' at dinner which was usually most time consuming as I tend to have to enter each ingredient individually or create a new 'meal' etc and so was the "worst" part of CICO.

Now I'm back to counting again and lost 2kg in a few weeks, I guess my body was just as ready to get back on the saddle as me. But my "NSV"(if you can call it that) really lies in the fact that while I knew weight loss would be a few steps forward a few steps back, I never predicted myself to be the type who would get out of the habit I thought was "so easy" but it's crazy how adding workloads and stress can ruin things. I'm not immune to pitfalls and I never will be.

PS. I'm glad despite 4 months of not counting I only gained 5kg. Maybe CICO helps long-term guess portion sizes as something I got used to? Guess I have a good New year's resolution. Get to my goal weight :D good luck everyone!

submitted by /u/Jezzimo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3opgUHW

No comments:

Post a Comment