Saturday, December 5, 2020

Sone things are not mutually exclusive

I just read about things that seem to be opposite in nature but can actually be true at the same time, and realized just how much this fallacy has occurred in my life. Especially throughout my weight loss journey.

I often thought that I couldn’t be happy with my body and also want to change it. That I couldn’t live my best life and also restrict my eating. That I couldn’t advocate for body acceptance and care about my appearance. That I couldn’t find peace in my situation and strive for more. That I couldn’t love myself as I am and want to be better.

These are all lies that I’ve told myself that have held me back. If any of you are also misleading yourselves, in any facet of life, I recommend taking a second look at your thoughts from a fresh perspective. Some things are not mutually exclusive.

submitted by /u/pathnotplan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qA4b75

No comments:

Post a Comment